I have the weirdest cold known to man. I have a cough and chest congestion, nasal drip and no voice. I mean not a peep is coming out of me. I keep trying and for a while this afternoon it sounded hopeful, but it seems to be gone again. I'm trying all home remedies but none works for long. I didn't even go to work today because it's pointless. At some point I would have to make phone calls and it's just not worth it. Instead I had a nice nap this morning, cleaned up my hotel room, and painted my nails. I'm into my 2nd movie on TV and now I'm thinking another nap is in order.
I got a text about noon from H. He is getting released on Friday. This is a bit sooner than either of us thought but it's for the best really. He's been working for 6 months straight and needs to go home. He needs the rest, to reconnect with home. As a typical man he can't see that. All he's worried about is seeing me as much as possible before he leaves, and what he'll do about seeing Missy. I'm trying to keep him focused on the positives of going home instead.
Clint has been texting me all day about his lady problems. They are really never ending and tend to make my day go by faster. Today I'm just not really in the mood, but they seem to have taken a turn for the dramatic. I'm sure I'll hear all about when I go to work.
The news about my job finally came and I wasn't selected. I'm not sure who was chosen as the announcements hadn't been made yet. I'm oddly ok with not being chosen. I received really good feed back on my interview and have some slight tweaks to make for the next time. Apparently I came across as a bit of a control freak, but that's what happens when you ask someone with OCD and a type A personality about organizational tasks. I feel confident that just getting my name into the pool was a huge step. I hope they decide to post another round of openings sooner rather than later. I'd like to try again as I know better what to expect.
I really think it's nap time. H is talking about coming over for some hot tub time tonight and I need to be somewhat alert to listen to him. I can tell via his texts something else is bothering him, it's not just being released on his mind. Here's hoping it's something I actually care to listen to.


No comments:
Post a Comment