Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The Difference a Year Can Make




Sometimes I just have these wonderful epiphanies, today had a couple.

1.  H is a long gone memory.  I realized I texted almost 2 weeks ago and he still hasn't responded.  And the true way you know your pulling away from someone, he's not restarted our Words with Friends game.  Serious business huh!

2.  A year ago today Clint and I were given seat assignments that would change our lives.  I know that sounds dramatic, but it certainly changed mine.  I went to Dallas last year super depressed, sleep deprived, and ready to quit my job.  He helped me through, especially this summer with our miserable deployments out East.  He even commented that I've made him better.  I do think the good outweighs the bad with him.  I think the secret is that we don't lie to each other, we just don't tell each other things, but the less you know the less you can care!

3.  If things hadn't panned out with Clint, had I been seated next to someone else, H would have been my only friend in Dallas.  He sucked the life right out of me!  I think my year would have been drastically different.

In other fun things, I took my mom and BooBoo downtown to see my sister at work.  That baby can really ham it up.  She was so super adorable, playing shy.  On the way home I worked on teaching her to say Ta-Da.  I think after I babysit on Saturday she'll have it down.

Tonight was all about baking.  A co-workers son had a serious sledding accident and damaged his noggin.  They are a family of 6, so a group of us are sending over some meals for them.  I feel so bad for my friend, this has to be tough!  Their kids are 17 yr old girl, twin boys who are 8, and a 2 yr old girl, one of the twins is the injured party and should be out of the hospital this weekend.  If you have a baby of your own give them extra hugs, kisses, cuddles whatever you can get.  I know I did with BooBoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment