Tuesday, August 14, 2012

You can fix stupid

This is BooBoo's not going to bed face

Today I've come to the conclusion my new job title should be fixing stupid.  I'm doing a lot of additional inspections and it's just appalling what some people do or don't do.  I can always fix an estimate but righting things that have been said or left unsaid, well that's a whole nother story.  80% of what I do is apologize and try to make things better.  It's a good thing I have a great fake smile and can drip my voice with honey at the drop of a hat.  

I spent most of my day driving, again.  I still got in 4 inspections but I'm wiped out and I feel a little behind.  I'm really not but I just hate having things sitting out there waiting to be done.  I dislike relying on someone to make a judgement so I can or cannot pay something.  Tomorrow is going to be very challenging.  The insureds are very elderly, have a lot of damage and a horrible estimate that I need to fix.  The contractor is also very West Virginian.  I could understand about 60% of what he said on the phone today.  Due to this inspection I had to pay to have my laundry done, $40~!  I was shocked but oh so desperate, if it didn't get done I was going to go naked tomorrow.  There goes all my per diem for the day.

Now it's time for bed.  I'm still struggling from not enough sleep on Sunday.  I doubt I'll catch up until this weekend.  As much fun as last weekend was, this Sunday needs to be lazy, very very lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment