Bedtime Cuddle buddies!
Visiting her dogs at Farm and Home
Yes those are 10 bichon/maltese puppies all sleeping on top of each other
- Last week was a bit of a whirlwind. So here's the short version
- Monday was a sick day, my head was still pounding and I could not concentrate on anything. I ended up heading to my man's place early in the afternoon and he did his best to make me feel better.
- Tuesday was long, I traveled all morning on top of still having a lingering headache and getting a head cold. We had a team meeting that afternoon followed by a mandatory happy hour. I wasn't feeling fantastic and called it quits by 9pm.
- Wednesday was tough. The meeting was quite good but the cold had kicked in. I also spilled a whole cup of coffee on my laptop rendering it useless. Mandatory work family fun that afternoon was a crazy scavenger hunt that had you running all over the "square" where our hotel was located. It was good fun but I ended up eating a whole jalapeño for one of the challenges. No bueno.
- Wednesday night, I was all hopped up on cold meds and went to the dinner/drinks event at a piano bar. Things were all kinds of fun and crazy but I was home and in bed by 11:30. Being old catches up with you fast.
- Thursday more meetings, more travel, and some changes. I'm going to be going to Lincoln to get some add'l trng for my job and do some networking with mgmt. I'll get all the overtime I want and I'm hoping some good experiences.
- Friday was vehicle maintenance and getting my new computer sorted out. I saw an ortho doc and got an official diagnosis of plantar fascitis. I went to a great local shoe store and got some insoles to try out. I'm not crazy about the idea of wearing a splint to bed or physical therapy. I don't have time for the therapy right now so I hope the other 2 options help me out.
- Friday night up to my man's house and we've been shacked up together since. It's been so nice just being lazy and taking it slow for a change. I keep joking he's got to meet all my needs since I won't see him again until we go to Vegas in 11 days. Although he did the time math and if he leaves work early enough we'll have time for some pre-flight nookie!
- Friday/Early Saturday morning I took to the couch! He actually pushed me out of bed twice! He's never done that, but his bed is a queen, mine's a king. I made myself a nice little nest on his couch and got a couple hours sleep before he woke me up. I have never seen him feel or look so guilty. To make up for it, he went to the local bakery and got me donuts and coffee for breakfast. Yes I am that spoiled and I love every second of it.
- Yesterday, being the supportive girlfriend I am, I let him study for several hours while I watched shows on HBO and Hulu. I wasn't pushy, I wasn't needy and turns out he may have just as high of a sex drive as I do. I've really been working at backing off and I have to say I think he's responding in a very positive way. I didn't even push the issue when he fell asleep at 9pm while watching a movie in bed. Sometimes doing nothing can be very exhausting.
- Today is going to be more of the same. He made me breakfast and now is working on a paper. I'm still in bed, and I think I might take a bit of a cat nap. Our only hint of plans is possibly taking in a movie tonight, but I'm pretty sure it'll be on his couch and not in a theater.
- When I signed on to this whole relationship ideology this is exactly what I had in mind!


No comments:
Post a Comment